Ms. Rose, Myself, Renee and Bill at Andy's Birthday Party
Manuel Dennis III is a .NET developer who has been working with Microsoft
development technologies since 1993. Manuel is the co-founder of his Computer
Consulting firm XOCOMP where he heads the custom software development
department. Manuel enjoys VB.NET development, particualarly the ASP.NET
architecture. C# and .NET Remoting has become my new focus on my .NET
Manuel leads the Greater New Orleans .NET User Group and has been working
with the New Orleans community through various developer groups such as the
Windows Application Developers SIG, the Visual Basic Learners Group, Programming
and Utilities SIG, and most recently he started the Greater New Orleans .NET
User Group. Manuel has been training developers since 1995, always pushing
local developers to strive to learn the new technologies presented that both
ease and complicate developers' lives. Manuel recently volunteered to support
the Mid-South region for INETA which makes him the contact point for Texas,
Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi.
Manuel is married to the lovely Nicole and recently became the proud father
of Corbin born in August 2003. Manuel has been married since 1996 and enjoys living in the shadow of
New Orleans in an unincorporated city named Metairie.
Manuel enjoys playing volleyball every Sunday with many of his programmer
buddies and other friends. He enjoys swimming and white water rafting. He
attempts to visit roller coaster theme parks at every opportunity. Manuel is an
avid Role Playing Game enthusiast playing d20 RPGs like Gamma World, Dragonstar, and Dungeons
and Dragons. Manuel and Nicole enjoy taking vacations to Belize whenever
Manuel's entire life is captured and documented through thousands of pictures
and webpages at his site at http://www.XOCOMP.net
, please feel free to visit and browse around.
- If you are interested, here is a short bio on Manuel Dennis III.
- I was born in Metairie, LA in 1969.
- Attended St. Angela Merici grammar school.
- Graduated from Archbishop Rummel High School.
- Graduated from Community
College of the Air Force with a Associates in Applied Sciences in
Aircraft Armament Systems. (Some might call me a rocket scientist)
- Graduated from the University of New Orleans in 1993 with a Bachelor
of Science in
Computer Science with a minor in Psychology.
- Microsoft Certified
Professional for Visual Basic 5 and 6 and Solutions Architecture.
- My beautiful wife Nicole and I have been happily married since May 1996.
- We currently live in Metairie right around the corner from Archbishop Rummel High School.
- My son Corbin was born
in August 2003.
- I am currently working with my wife Nicole and best friend Andy as partners
in our new corporation XOCOMP.
- I develop custom software and I am specializing in Visual Basic, SQL
Server, Access, and Crystal Reports.
- I currently manage an office with multiple PCs running the following
software Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows 95, SQL Server 2000, Exchange
2000, IIS and much more.
- I enjoy bowling with my friends.
- I play volleyball almost every Sunday with my friends.
- I love swimming at my grand parent's pool with my niece and nephew.
- I enjoy Science Fiction and Sci-Fi role playing games like DragonStar,
D&D, Traveller, Alternity,
Gamma World, Rifts, GURPS, and Star Wars to name a few.
- I enjoy watching Science Fiction movies as well as reading Sci-Fi
- I read many computer magazines and programming related books.
- I enjoy making wacky websites about my interests. See the
- I really like great roller coasters.
- I really enjoy spending time with family at Mardi Gras every year.
- My wife and I travel annually
- In 2000
- We love Orlando where we go to Disney World and Universal Studios
- We visit Belize as often as we can. Our last trip 2000, we spent
a month on Ambergis Caye
- Our most recent big trip 2001 was to Australia to visit a good friend
- We like going to Houston, particularly Astro-World.
- We go with friends to Gulf Shores too
- We loved Cedar Point, Ohio. We rode the best giga coaster -
"The Millenium Force" over 300 ft high and I think it
- In 2002
- We returned to Belize for our company trip
- We visited Six-Flags over Georgia
- We plan on a Cruise soon....
- In 2003
- I went to Dallas for a convention and visited Six-Flags over Dallas
- We went to Six-Flags over Houston
- We went to Dollywood in Pigeon Forge
- We went to Six-Flags over Georgia